Sign in to follow this  
jetlover1118

ntdll.dll errors

I recently rebuilt my flightsim box with all new highend components. The specs include (bfg nvidia 8800gtx oc2 graphics card,evga nforce 68oi sli mainboard,2GB of corsair xms2 DDR2-800 system memory,2 seagate sataII 320 gb harddrives in an Zalman Fatal1ty FC-ZE1 aluminum case). I had fs9 running smooth as glass for two days and then fs9 crashed on a flight from kdal to kiad. The event log stated the crash was caused by an ntdll.dll error.I read in one of the other forums this error is caused by explorer.exe. I'm really looking for more input on how to fix this problem once and for all.Thanks for any help you guys can give.Alex

Hey there,Are you running Windows XP with Service Pack 2, then it may be "Data Execution Prevention" (DEP). If you are, try turn off DEP in the XP control panel:System > properties > advanced > Data Execution Prevention.If it is set to 'All Programs' you could also try adding FS9 to the exclusions. Setting an exclusion may be better than just disabling DEP, as it does add a layer of protection.Give it a try and let us know.[hr width=100%" size=1 color="black]http://forefrontgrp.com/MyLogo2.JPGJason | General Aviation FanVisit my new Blog:http://abwain.spaces.live.com/

Ok, i'll add fs9 to the DEP exclusion and see what happens. This is different than what has been sugested in other forums, as they sugest adding explorer to the DEP exclusion.Adding fs9 makes more sense being that it is the program that is directly effected.I'm running XP Pro with SP2.I forgot to mention the processor is Intel core2 quad.I'm currently at work, but will give this a try in a few days when i'm off again and will let you know how turns out.Thank You For The Help!Alex