Sign in to follow this  
pipper

Autogen gone crazy!

Regards to the flight sim community.....I have just installed FS9 with a clean installation following a WinXP reformat. Upon landing at KLGA the other night, I was stunned to see that some of the taxiways and aprons were covered with trees and buildings that should not have been there. No runways were affected though. I checked other airports, and sure enough, the autogen has seen fit to place odd buildings and trees on taxiways and aprons. I have tried these fixes:new FS9 cfg, turned off autogen xml via retitling, uninstalling any texture mods I made since install. All were no joy. I am running GE Pro, AS, and FE. I can't pin point any program I installed that may have caused the problem.The only thing I do know is that if I turn OFF autogen in FS9 that the problem ceases. Anybody have any ideas so I don't have to re install? (please, not that!!!)System specs:WinXP, AMD64 3200, ATI9800 pro 128mb, 1.5 gig RAM, Gigabyte GA9n pro Mobo, CH USB fighterstick and throttle. Kind thanks in advance.......Pipper

Thanks ThrottleUP for your kind assistance. I followed the link but it didn't help as the problems I have are with the stock FS9 scenery and not add ons. I did further research based on your post and I found that the autogen only places incorrect objects with airports in the New York area. I tried KEWR,KISP,KLGA,KFOK,KJFK,and KPVD and for all these airports the trees and buildings appeared out of place. However, I tried KDCA, KBOS, KCLE, and the scenery was perfect. To further rule out my theory, I tried KSAN, KLAX, KSFO, KDTW, and KMDW and there were NO problems with the autogen. So it seems the problem is somewhere in the NY scenery. Now I just have to figure out where to go from here. Thanks for the help, it is greatly appreciated!Cheers......Pipper