Sign in to follow this  
Knight55

Flying Level and Seat Height Questions

Hi,I have been flying the default Learjet using the X52 joystick with throttle. I have noticed that when flying a steady course the plane does not want to fly level. It maintains altitude but it tilts slightly to the right as if I am turning right but it is actually flying straight. The joystick is centered and it is doing this while flying on auto pilot. Does anyone have any suggestions why this is happening? I also find that I need to adjust the seat height manually during landing as I don't see the runway with default height. I did find the place where I can adjust it in the aircraft file but I wanted to adjust it to a realistic level and was wondering what are the realistic values for the seat height setting? Thanks in advance for any responses.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Can't help you with the tilt problem. However..as far as the seat height goes, what I've done is assign the up arrow on the X52 POV2 switch to eyepoint "move up"...and the down arrow to eyepoint "move down". That way I can raise or lower the seat instantly with a flick of the thumb.Russell.

Hi,Thanks for the tip. I have assigned the front scroll wheel on the throttle to this function and it does work but I was looking for a permanent solution. Do the pilots in a real LearJet cockpit only see as much as is shown in the default eyepoint setting in FS9 virtual cockpit? What is the most realistic value for the eyepoint line in the aircraft configuration file for the LearJet?

Former USAF pilot with C-21 (Lear 35) time...Panel does take up alot of forward vis...like you are doing in the sim...I just raised my seat to establish my landing "picture". F15Driver (my pic below in the C-21)Kemo_C21-1.jpg