Sign in to follow this  
Guest pred02

Blurred textures on a non-AI Repaint

Guest pred02

Hi,For the first time I have encountered blurry textures on a commercial addon, the Croatia Airlines repaints of A319/A320 for Feelthere Wilco Airbus Vol 1. I understand that blurry textures occur because of MIPMAPS, but I checked using Imagetool.exe, these repaints (I got flightsim.com) do not have mips.All my other flyable aircraft repaints work fine, no blurries. I have not changed or modified any of my settings in FS9. I attached the screenshots so you can see. The EasyJet one is normal, Croatia airlines is blurry.Thanks!

If they don't have mips, then blurring can occur - that is what I found out in my quest on aircraft mips. Some repaints blur and others don't.Solution 1:Zoom in pretty much on the aircraft and zoom back out.Solution 2:Add mips.

My experience has been to delete the Mipmaps. I know that this was definitly my problem at MYNN because, I forgot to remove the mipmaps on the Engine Nacelles, and the texture cleared up except for the Engine Nacelles. I also found that refreshing the screen assigning the Tab key for this purpose cleared the fuzzy texture in many cases. I sure would like to see a definitive explanation of this Fuzzy Phenonoma from one of our learned Colleagues in Flightsim graphics.Bill :+