Sign in to follow this  
Guest roystondh

Wilco Airbus etc - Flight Planning tools

Guest roystondh

I have a feeling that I might be about to open a can of worms, but seeing as for some reason I can register on the Wilco forum this seems like the best place to try and find some answers.For flight planning I use a mix of FSBuild / FSCommander and Simroutes / vroutes. None of these support the Wilco Airbus Series 1.What flight planning options do I have with the Wilco Airbus ?I've even overwritten the default AIRAC with the latest and now cannot even load the tutorial flight!Thanks in advanceRH

RH:concerning forum registration -i know the registration process works as new forum users are posting each hour.if you do not receive the confirmation email try these in order -1) after a few hours of reg., and no confirmation email, try FT support forum login with id and password you created (yes, even though you didn't receive the confirmation email).2) send an email to support{at}feelthere.com with the following information:[*]your product's serial number[*]your registered username[*]your estimated date of registration3) send me a private message.concerning flight plans - the Abus series V1 & V2 support the FS9/X flight plans. you load a FS9/X flightplan INTO FS (making it an active FS flightplan that FS ATC would recognize); then request the flightplan using the Abus FMGC (which will load the current active FS flightplan).at this point you modify the flightplan in the FMGC for the departure/landing rwys and the SID/STAR.--edit: typo--

D. Scobie, feelThere support forum moderator: https://forum.simflight.com/forum/169-feelthere-support-forums/

Guest roystondh

Many thanksI've mastered the flight planning bit in the mean time and an e-mail is on it's way for the forum registrationThe flights have been great thus far and given the constraints of the MSFS the fly by wire implementation is GREAT and shows the difference between the Airbus and Boeing offerings.

Guest roystondh

>RH:>>concerning forum registration ->>i know the registration process works as new forum users are>posting each hour.>>if you do not receive the confirmation email try these in>order ->>1) after a few hours of reg., and no confirmation email, try>FT support forum login with id and password you created (yes,>even though you didn't receive the confirmation email).>>2) send an email to support{at}feelthere.com with the>following information:>[*]your product's serial number>[*]your registered username>[*]your estimated date of registration>>3) send me a private message.Thanks, I've registered and now what........the Wilco Airbus Forum has been locked so I cannot discuss the product with anybody else anyway.I was going to send you a PM via AVSIM and guess what, your profile is locked as well.Feelthere / Wilco are selling themselves short here - You have the basis of a very good product and could perhaps capture the Airbus FS market, but the only way to do this is to have lively and open forums in the style of Level D / PMDG.Yes people say thinks that the developers don't perhaps want to hear on the vendors forums, but the product has advanced no-end as a result of it.If you want to lock yourself away from the FS community and try and work in isolation that's your call, but in the long term it's not going to work for you.Both the Level D / PMDG products have bugs / issues, your's has perhaps no more than both of these did in the early days but they like you have chipped away at them progressively.I like most users have a learning curve to face when using your product, at least with my Boeing 767 and 737 I can always go to the forum's and ASK and learn from fellow pilots, with the Airbus I now can only take it so far and then have to give up, shame because I think it has potential.All I can ask is that you consider opening the forums, if I don't hear back I can only assume that you want to work in isolation but then you will run the risk of another software developer running away with the Airbus prize which is still up for grabs.RH