Sign in to follow this  
Guest LONEDOVE

SKYBACK

Guest LONEDOVE

Hi,There was a program called SKYBACK that eliminated the horizon line in FS9 to a smooth transition. I had it, but seemed to have escaped ?? Does nayone have it and could you E-Mail it to me or tell me where to find it ?? Would be appreciated.ThanksJim, Mesa, ArizonaJTYSON12@COX.NET

John, have you or anyone tried to use your files successfully in FSX? I was not able to make it fly.One of the biggest features I miss about FS9 is how your files were able to assist in giving that realistic haze in the air and reducing visibility. I know one cannot use the max_unlimited_vis=xx,xxx tweak anymore because of the round world modeling, but the sight distance is WAY to far and unrealistic in FSX. Long overdue for a visibility slider option in FS11.Regards, Kendall#1: E6750@3.2GHZ/Coolermaster HyperTX2 Gigabyte P35-DS3L 4GB Crucial Ballistix Tracers PC6400 Seagate 250GB 7200.10 SATA2 Gigabyte X800XT -Cat 6.12's CH Yoke/Pedals/Saitek Throttle Dual Monitor: Dell 2405/1905 #2: Dell 8400 3.2 H.T. 3GB PC4200 Diamond Xtreme/Logitech X-530's

Regards, Kendall

I don't have FS-X, don't have the system for it yet and wouldn't invest in an upgrade given what I've seen of the new sim, but I don't believe they'd work. As you point out, FS-X has a different modeling method for the world, however there must be a way to control max sight distance. I've seen some great screenshots with what appear to be a very realistic level of haze.John

Thanks John, Guess I won't try to use your mods in FSX again...... too bad, as they were great in FS9. Like you not willing to invest in the hardware, I've been holding off on the add-on's for FSX and with using RWW, I assume the only current means to control visibility/haze (or max sight distance as you put it) is done with either FSUIPC and/or one of the WX engines. Judging from what I've read in those respective forums, it's been a real challange concerning visibility layers, not to mention wind shifts. Oh well, patience is hopefully a virtue................................... Regards, Kendall#1: E6750@3.2GHZ/Coolermaster HyperTX2 Gigabyte P35-DS3L 4GB Crucial Ballistix Tracers PC6400 Seagate 250GB 7200.10 SATA2 Gigabyte X800XT -Cat 6.12's CH Yoke/Pedals/Saitek Throttle Dual Monitor: Dell 2405/1905 #2: Dell 8400 3.2 H.T. 3GB PC4200 Diamond Xtreme/Logitech X-530's

Regards, Kendall