Sign in to follow this  
wsieffert

Wide FS ....need some help

Will Wide FS run using a wireless network connection ?I installed the Server and Client files and edited the .INI files to allow TCP/IP connection.When I start FS I get -----> Wide Server--> Waiting for ClientsWhen I start Wide Client on second system I get ----> Waiting for Connection............I have Windows XP on both systems and currently use the wireless Network card on the second computer ( laptop ) to access the internet.CheersGreg

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Generally, I don't think WideFS cares whether you have wires or not! I use IPX/SPX between my computers. In my WideClient.ini I had to add:&l;Config&r;ServerNode=0.0.20480.300.45366to work with WinXP. Reread the instructions for using WideFS and setting up TCP/IP.Are you using a Router/Switch/Wireless box to interface between your computers or are you talking between the two computers with only wireless connections. If the latter, that may be a problem.My home LAN is connected with wire in the following configuration:Cable Modem --> Router --> Switch 4 ports --> MulticomputersA typical wireless system could look like the following:Cable Modem --> Router/Wireless/Switch 4 ports --> Wired or Wireless Computers.The router is necessary to assign the internal IP addresses to your internal LAN computers. A second way if you are not using the above router is to permanently assign the IP addresses on the internal part of the LAN but leave the IP address to be assigned automatically by the internet ISP.With the router, the router assigns each computer an IP address on boot. The router also spoofs the IP address the internet ISP expects when your internet system was installed.