Sign in to follow this  

Gauge Cleaning Problem

For some time now, I have been using a little utility called WipeGauge 2002 v3.05 (wipegau3.zip) by Felipe Torrezini. This particular one is a favourite of mine as it is foolproof (Very important!!)efficient and has a neat interface.However, I recently had to re-instal FS2002 due to a Motherboard change and now I just get an error message every time I try to use this utility. The message reads "Run time error '5' Invalid call or argument" then promptly closes when 'OK' is clicked.I downloaded another copy of this and still the same problem...there is obviously some sort of conflict here and I wonder if anyone else has experienced this and could perhaps enlighten me....by the way I emailed the author but as yet not received a reply so I would appreciate any assistance. Alternatively can anyone suggest what is the best utility for cleaning out unwanted gauges from the system.Intel Pentium 1Ghz256mb Ramwin 98GeForce 440 SE MMX 64mbMany thanks.Brian.BRIDON BEAR (Dorset UK)

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi Brian,I am assuming you are running XP, I say this because I had the same problem and I run XP, as for solving it, I never did, I don't know why it started to happen on my system.I found another gauge cleaner in the libary, just do a search there are a couple.Sorry I could'nt help more.Dan.

A runtime error usually means you're missing a vbruntime file. The docs that came with the prog should explain which version you need and they are freely available.If you don't want to go to the trouble fsGauges, available from fsGauges.com, works pretty well. One undocumented bug is that is moves (it doesn't delete anything) minicontrols.gau and minipanel.cab, which you need to access the minipanel.I'm too lazy to implement it but I think an easy workaround would be to create a dummy panel .cfg file that includes these. It seems to work by reading the .cfg files and moving anything it doesn't find there.

Thanks for all your help lads, I tried all the suggestions re runtime files vb5, 6 etc and still no go. As so many other users had similar problems, I can only deduce that the problem must be some sort of incompatibility with certain operating systems with this utility and that it may have trouble doing it's job.I have tried one or two other similar gauge cleaners now and all seems OK.Again thanks for your inputs.BrianBRIDON BEAR.