Sign in to follow this  
Jetman67

Winds in FS, can the GPS read them and adjust ground speed

Hi All and Happy New YearI have started to use the GPS now and am wondering why the GPS cant adjust the ground speed by calculating the winds in FS9. I did two exact flight plans one with 30 knot head wind and the ground speed and the GPS was the same for both flights. I may be missing something but what is the point of having a fancy GPS or FMS if it cant pull real time weather data from FS for regaular ground speed adjustments. The only way I can think to do this is to import winds from active sky 6.5 into fsbild them export this into FS9. Once this is loaded into the GPS it will at least have allowed for the winds at that flight level, although not a great solution better than having absolutely no real time groundspeed no matter what the winds are doing in FS. Somebody please set me straight if I am incorrect about the GPS and FMS ground speed and in fact even heading corrections for wind, thanksRegardsWayne

Wayne such

Asus Hero Z690, Galax 3080 TI, I712700K, Kraken x72 CPU Cooled, 64 GIGS Corsair DDR5, 32 Inch 4K 

Disregard, this does work fine. I tested againRegardsWayne

Wayne such

Asus Hero Z690, Galax 3080 TI, I712700K, Kraken x72 CPU Cooled, 64 GIGS Corsair DDR5, 32 Inch 4K