Sign in to follow this  
dolph98

It can happen to anyone...

I mean the reinstall thing. My sim became totally unacceptable and I backed up my aircraft and some other things and flushed FS9 down the tubes. My new system was a joy and it seemed to be able to handle anything I threw at it until my greed got to me. Backing things out didn't help at all. I am very sad. It was running so well over the holidays. 24 FPS locked and never a glitch no matter where I went - KORD, Seattle, KLAX, all the places that used to choke my P4 Prescott system. I was flying high, man. BTW, if I turned my FSP to unlimited, it was anywhere from 30 to 85 FPS. I don't need that much so I limited it so whatever else needed the BW could have it. But I have installed some addons that I thought would be harmless and somewhere along the line, something didn't agree with something else and it broke it. Even in the air with only a few clouds in site - same plane I've been flying for awhile, same AS6, same FSUIPC settings - the FPS was 10 or 11 and occasionally jumped to 18, and on the ground it did some herky jerkin and pausing to beat the band. Unacceptable. FSX was doing better than that for goodness sake! Now, I am not in any way, shape or form trying to say anything at all negative about the fine addons available on AVSIM or any other site. The thing is, too much of anything isn't good for you (or FS9 apparently).Happy flying,Dolph

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Yeah, but there are allot of variables. Video card drivers can get corrupted very easily.I found this out from allot of hair pulling headaches.I would try uninstalling video card drivers, cleaning most traces of the old drivers,(use ccleaner at the very least after uninstall, it is free) defragging, then reboot, reinstall video drivers.Also, try unistalling the software that you installled before your system shot craps on you.Be sure to keep your drive defragmented and keep old traces of drivers cleaned out and old registry entries cleaned up.Go to blackviper.com and keep your system tweaked out.Also, a dedicated flight sim computer is a very good idea.That means no internet surfing, no putting it online except for maybe real weather, and virus scan and malware scan everthing before you transfer files from your internet computer to your flight sim computer.AVSIM does not seem to have any problems with virus files.I have never found one in five years from AVSIM or flightsim.comBut these are exceptions to the rule.If you are surfing the net with your flight sim computer, you are asking for trouble.I surf the net with a cheap DELL P4 I got off ebay.Good luckFlight simulator is sooo touchy....R. Martin