Sign in to follow this  
Guest skyking

F-104

Guest skyking

does anyone have the F-104, by are freinds from Germany?Like some inputs on this one!

Which one do you mean ? IMO, the best by far F104 for fs9 is from our friends in Italy....Cloud9. It knocks the socks off all the rest.Russell.

Guest nick46

The Cloud9 Starfighter may be the best, but it knocks not only the socks but also the frame rates out of most systems.The Alphasim one is also an excellent choice,

Guest skyking

This one is made by Aerosoft of Germany, I think it came out only three months ago.

Ah, I'm with you now SkyKing. By the look of it, I think you will find that Aerosoft are just marketing the old Capt.Sim F104. It was good in it's day...but was totally eclipsed by Cloud9. I bought the AlphaSim model, but it was too much of a step backwards. I erased it off my computer after less than a day. I suppose it all boils down to just what you want. As far as I'm concerned, the C9 F104 with a paint by Andrea Arlotti is as close to the real deal...in military jets.. that is possible in fs9 at present. As for fps. I was running an AMD3500/ATI X800gtx when I bought the C9 model and never had a problem with low frame rates. Now have C2duo E6600/8800gtx with all sliders, except water, full right, loads of AI packages set at 100% and never drop below 28/29fps. Set at 30. Like the PMDG 747-400 though, you do need to sit and read the manual...and practise..to get the best out of it.Russell.