Sign in to follow this  
yellow5

any freeware online weather generation?

Guest Marvel

hello I've tried the freeware weather generation called Weather Maker and well I am so impressed, the weather feels more ALIVE. Sadly this program works only offline. Is there some freeware weather gen out there that could download real weather? Payware FS meteo sounds nice but it's rather too expensive for me considering FS ACOF which incorporate a decent weather system will release soon.

Is this a joke? Where have you been on mars..? ;)Nope there will be no or just limited online weather-generation. It's all based on metar (so static or status quo weatherdata)Search in the library for: ActiveSky (up to version 1.5 freeware) ActiveSky WXre is payware. ActiveSky WXre has also TAFF processing which is forecast info. So some kind of dynamic component. Another great freeware (and payware) weathertool is WeatherCenter.Rob "Holland&Holland" de Vries http://www.emotipad.com/emoticons/Flying.gif

RobdeVries.jpg

Guest Marvel

tnx for your answer, I'm checking out activesky, sounds like a good program

I have weather maker and I am very satisfied with it. I am too cheap to buy a weather generating program. Best advice I can offer is to go to www.weatherchannel.com and look at the current weather of the location you are going to fly in. You can find out the temp/dew, winds, pressure, etc. Add this info into the Weather Maker and it is the almost the same as if it was downloaded. Atleast it will be close enough. Even when the FS2002 downloads weather it is not completly up to date. No weather program is up to date. Because by the time the weather is reported for the hour it has changed some what. If you don't want to spend the money, this is some good advice in my opinion, but if you are looking to part with your cash, then go ahead.Enjoy!