Sign in to follow this  
Guest redp51

'SLEW' Glider Launch Keeps On Going Up

Guest redp51

I have a Glider that I launch using the 'SLEW' method. (For expediency at this stage)Keyboard commands: Y, F4, F2, Y, GOther Gliders I launch in this manner come off the top balanced & 'hands off ' flyable.Hands off this one keeps climbing in lazy loops instead of stopping the climb at F2. A clue is that it shows a 'Start your engine, hit Ctrl E' message when on the tarmac prior to my hitting 'Y'. I ignore that, but the launch is not successful.(The flyable Gliders don't show that message)Any insights on what I need to do to fix this would be appreciated.RP

Guest iflyc77

In some freeware gliders (wolfgang piper's from fsglider.de mainly)have a "VET" virtual jet engine in some of them to simulate winch launches.Try either setting fuel to 0% or hitting Ctrl+Shift+F1 to kill the virtual jet.If it keeps going after slew, try hitting ctrl/shift/f1 again.Hope it helps!Trace

Guest redp51

>In some freeware gliders (wolfgang piper's from fsglider.de>mainly)>>have a "VET" virtual jet engine in some of them to simulate>winch launches.>>Try either setting fuel to 0% or hitting Ctrl+Shift+F1 to kill>the virtual jet.>>If it keeps going after slew, try hitting ctrl/shift/f1>again.>>Hope it helps!>>TraceHiThe glider is the Schleicher ASW-28 from fsglider.de.Tried your suggestions but no luck.What I did notice is that in 'normal' Aircraft Folders are the subfolders 'Model, panel, Sound, Texture'The ASW-28 has those plus a 'Documentation ' folder. I moved that out, but still no change to the desire to loop into the heavens.I wonder if someone else who has that Glider in their stable & could take it for a SLEW launch & see what happens??Thanks.RP

Guest iflyc77

Yep, I have this glider (actually did the "LX" texture for it) This one, is not by Wolfgang and I don't fly it (or any FS gliders; yay Condor) much anymore. The "VET" has something to do with the little switch that beeps and makes your ship shoot off.If taking the fuel out doesnt do it, I don't know of anything that would.Now any gliders on fsglider.de (i didnt know the 28 was on there) should'nt have that problem.

Guest redp51

>Yep, I have this glider (actually did the "LX" texture for>it) >>This one, is not by Wolfgang and I don't fly it (or any FS>gliders; yay Condor) much anymore. >>The "VET" has something to do with the little switch that>beeps and makes your ship shoot off.>>If taking the fuel out doesnt do it, I don't know of anything>that would.>>Now any gliders on fsglider.de (i didnt know the 28 was on>there) should'nt have that problem.You are correct, it's not in Wolfgang's portfolio. The 28 does not have a VET folder (In my set up).I have Wolfgang's DG 101G & that does have a VET folder & I have no SLEW launch problems. A joy to fly.I started to look deeper & read the 28 .cfg file.I was going to compare it to the 101, but it seems to have a .MDL? file instead. Do you know what reader can be used to see the .MDL contents?I will probably uninstall the 28 & reload & see if that fixes it. I may have mucked up something in the installation process.ThanksRP

An .mdl is the actual physical model of the aircraft. It should be in the "Model" folder.I can't find a Schleicher ASW-28 on the site mentioned above.jt