Sign in to follow this  
jerryuscg

NORWAY : a great country to fly

I been flying Flight Sims for over 10 years and this is the FIRST time I have ever made a flight in/over NORWAY. What a beautiful country. I took a short, couple hundred mile flight from Oslo (ENGM) to a small airport ENBM, NW from Oslo. The counry here reminded me of the foothills of the Rockies in the USA but with a lot more canyons and valleys. It was a real interesting flight. See screenshot. jerrycwo4

I did the same thing about 3-4 years ago, and Norway has become one my all time favorite places to fly. Get over to the coast (I usually start at Bergen Flesland and skip along the shore north to Alta, or similar), then find new airports along the way as I turn around and return.Hopefully you have Ultimate Terrain, and a good mesh, and in addition, there is an freeware airport collection called 'Norway Airports' that is one of the best freeware scenery sets you will find (Finland also has some great freeware scenery).Go to this site for that scenery:http://www.fsnordic.net/I'm flying Norway right now also....Have fun.

I do have Ultimate Terrain and FS Genesis( the full package). In FS Genesis, " Scandinavia" in which I think Norway is part of is 76.4m Terrain mesh and I believe that the default FS 2004 terrain mesh is also 76.4 m but you can see by my screenshot that the mesh(high ridges and valleys) seem to be a LOT better than default mesh. I DONT UNDERSTAND WHY? Thanks for the scenery tip. I'll check it out. jerrycwo4