Sign in to follow this  
Guest Seat 7

Paul Golding's MD-8* panels in 2K2

I know this has been brought up before, but every time I try to search the forums, the search engine peters out on me. Somewhere, there is a patch to get Paul Golding's MD-8* series panels to work in FS2K2, but I can't recall where. Could someone post links for me, please?Also... I was thinking about something when searching around. It seems that with every new release of FS, former greats from previous versions seem to fade away. First, there was Eric Ernst, with his wonderful freeware panels for FS98. Now, I realize that piracy issues drove him to go payware with his work on 767PIC, but there are others. Alex Lawrence, for example... Haven't seen much from him lately. And then, there's Paul Golding who won my undying gratitude for his panels for FS2000. True, there are new greats that have taken 2K2 by the horns and have turned out some nice stuff, but I'd like to remember the stars from previous FS versions who still have an impact on the freeware scene to this day. Hope to see you veterens back in the game, showing everyone how it's done!Thanks for any help, guys.Jonathan KATL

I've tested a bunch of fixes for the great Paul Golding's panels, and the best one I found is by Marco Diaz. Not only does it work well, but it can include Navdata by Tony D'Ambrosio which gives you an onboard FMC. Very nice. Ideal for FFX planes and Vans. I even added wing views to it on the panel via ctrl+shift 1 - 7 - 9 - 3 so they are available all the time.Here's Marco's site:http://www.prodigyweb.net.mx/mada58/fs2002-md83-pnl.htmlCheck it out,Lee

Lee H

i9 13900KF 32GB Ram 24GB RTX 4090

Guest kurtj

Marco Diaz panel is a nice panel. However I couldn't get Tony Ambrosio's guages to work and it would crash fs after 10min of flying. I use the default guages, and it works very nice. Autopilot is somewhat to get used to though, and I am trying to work to understand how to use the ap. I am using it on the Vans Midwest Express MD-88 so when the screenshot forum is up look forward to some of my flight from KLAX-KMKE and vs. I also am using it with some of AFG's MD-80s as well.

Back in the early days of FS2000, I was a part time driver for Tradewind Caribbean Airlines. I eventually paired the blue MD-80 panel to TCA's DC9-51, as well as Project Freeware's Air Tran DC9-32 (Being from Atlanta, and a frequent AT passenger, I always keep their 9ers close to my heart). Whether I was flying a domestic flight in the Caribbean for TCA, or recreating my KATL-KMCO Air Tran flight, chances are, I was using that panel/plane combo. Loved it, loved it, loved it!Hopefully, Marco's panel mod will help me go back to that feeling again. Thanks for the tip, Lee!And thanks for the heads up, kurt. I never used the RealCRT guages, so I should be okay.Thanks all!JonathanKATL

>And then, there's Paul Golding who won my undying gratitude >for his panels for FS2000. True, there are new greats that >have taken 2K2 by the horns and have turned out some nice >stuff, but I'd like to remember the stars from previous FS >versions who still have an impact on the freeware scene to >this day. True, I'm not doing freeware panels anymore, but since the release of FS2002 I have released the BAC 1-11 and 707. Incidentally, (and somewhat surprisingly) the 707, whilst released some 15 months ago is the second most downloaded panel at AVSIM over the last 12 months.The A310 will be the last freeware panel.Sorry, can't help with the MD panels, I tend to use them as they are. The biggest bug is probably the AP/VS, but then it's not that hard to hand fly to cruise and use the keyboard for alt hold :-)All the best,http://www.blandreynolds.btinternet.co.uk/DF_PG_sm.gif

Paul, I did notice that about the 707, and the panel looks great! I'm just... well, because of the limited time I have to fly, I generally stick to regional hops and flights of 2 hours or less. The 707 isn't really appropriate for that. Maybe one of my off days I can plan for a nice cross-country trip and give the 707 a whirl.And the BAC-111 was for 2K2? Yikes! I feel like an idiot now... I was thinking that was a 2000-only panel. I am -definitely- going to give that one a spin. I'm eagerly awaiting your Airbus panel, too. Good luck in any future projects you have coming up in the non-freeware sector. You've made a mark, and I'm pretty sure you're going to make a ton of cash.Thanks again!JonathanKATL