Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest integra144

Please Help- Display Driver Problem

I am running Vista 64 Ultimate with a Nvdia Quadro NVS 140m with 4GB of ram. For some reason, flight simulator runs fins until you try to change the view say from cockpit to spot plane or you change the day and time from the menu. Switching between windows will also cause a problem. The problem is that the screen appears to freeze, but it hasn't. As the engine sound still changes and all the file menus work. All I have to do is say click the map from the menu and press cancel then the screen returns to normal. I have installed all updates, Does anyone know a fix?I think it has to do with Hardware Acceleration, when I unchecked it from FS2002 it worked fine, but the graphics were crap. Does anyone else suffer this issue with FS2004?

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I have had some peculiarities, but not that problem. I switched to Omega drivers and saw a lot of improvement. I had an ATI card on another machine. I'm not real impressed with Nvidia. I'm not real impressed with Vista either. There is supposed to be a service pack out on the 14th. We'll see.