Sign in to follow this  
Guest pred02

FSUI.DLL Problem with Reinstall of FS9

Guest pred02

Hi,As I upgraded to a new system, I tried the old method copying the old FS9 folder to the new hard drive. I did this once before with an upgrade an it worked fine.1) Install from original FS9 discs to the same path where I had the original registration (i.e. c:gamesfs2004) to retain the path entry2) Delete the FS2004 folder3) Copy from the old disc fs2004 folder4) Besides a few payware error messages, I get a "FSUI.Dll" error, and FS2004 cannot startI tried rebuilding FS9.cfg by deleting it, but still no success.If anyone had any ideas how I can get past this it would be great. Thanks

What operating system are you now using?

Guest pred02

Hi,I am now using Win XP SP2 - same as before.Thanks!

If you remove FSUIPC and the FSUIPC INI file (put them in a temp folder) does FS2004 start properly then?If so, I would suggest getting a fresh copy (newer version) of FSUIPC and installing it.

Guest pred02

Problem solved. I needed to remove the LDS modules and reinstall the aircraft properly when doing a transfer of FS9 directory from an old system to a new one.