Sign in to follow this  
Guest sputnik1980

modifying aircraft.cfg in vista

Guest sputnik1980

First of all, please bear with me, I'm a bit of a novice and hope this question isn't too stupid...About a month ago my trusty old XP-running machine pretty much crashed and I had to get a new system which, of course, came with Vista:-mad. I've been able to transfer over FS9 from my old machine and have it running just fine, but continue to have one pesky problem. Whenever I try to modify any aircraft.cfg files I get an error message when I try to save. I've been opening and modifying the files with notepad, just like I did in XP, but I can't save, meaning I can't add any new liveries, change parking codes and callsigns, etc. What am I doing wrong? How do I fix the problem? In a perfect world I would still be running XP, but unfortunately that's not an option...Sorry if this question has already been answered - I've looked through the past few pages of the forum and couldn't find what I was looking for in any recent posts.

Guest flightsimmernick

Yep the link above should sort you out. I have Vista and had a few minor issues like this but running as admin eliminated any faults I had. You might also want to try disabling user accounts In Vista as this also caused a few little glitches when it came to running FS and some utilities but nothing major. To do this go into control panel, user accounts and disable user accounts.