Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest Hanse_1

FS9 heading readings problems

Hello!I know I asked about this a long time ago, butnow it occurred again.For some reason my headings reading in the sim starts togive incorrect readings.I normally/usually get 321 degreees at KORD RWY 32L.Now it gives 320 degrees.Similarly at KLAX I habitually get 69 degrees at RWY 7L;now I get 83 degrees.I checked all AFCAD2's; they are OK and in Addon/Scenery folder.So, what can be wrong this time?Any clue will certainly be of help.Thanks beforehand.Hans HermanssonSweden

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Are you using any planes with gyroscopic heading indicators? If so, check to see if you have the setting for gyroscopic precession checked. It could be that your gyros have precessed. 083 from 069 is excessive, but MSFS's handling of precession has been known to go overboard in some cases.If this does not solve the problem, then I'm sure there is someone here that has another solution to try.----------------------------------------------------------------John MorganReal World: KGEG, UND Aerospace Spokane Satillite, Private ASEL 141.2 hrs, 314 landings, 46 inst. apprs.Virtual: MSFS 2004"There is a feeling about an airport that no other piece of ground can have. No matter what the name of the country on whose land it lies, an airport is a place you can see and touch that leads to a reality that can only be thought and felt." - The Bridge Across Forever: A Love Story by Richard Bach