Sign in to follow this  
Speedbyrd

Steep descent angle....

Flaps add both lift and drag. The effective angle of the wing chord when you add flaps increases upward. This allows the fuselage longitudinal axis to remain fairly level compared to the up angle required without flaps to get the same amount of lift as with no flaps at about the same speed. It is therefore normal once stable to have a lower nose-up attitude with flaps than without at normal flap range speeds.In normal flap design most of the settings except the last one or two add both lift and drag, the last few being mostly drag only.The reference stall speeds at max gross weight are in the aircraft.cfg for each flap setting. Add 30% to these for a V-ref at each setting. Only charts would give you the actual speed based on current weight. The entries only control the stepping of the flaps control but the stall speeds do not have any effect on the aerodynamics.I see in Werner Schott's DC-10 checklist a flat value of 145 is given and that you are using that.One worthy note is that if trying to use an FS8 aircraft in FS9, they tend to be nose heavy due to different dynamics in the FS aerodynamics engine. If this is an FS8 aircraft then there needs to be an edit nade to the .air file with the aired utility. I do not recall the specifics but perhaps you can search the forums. The fix is posted somewhere.Try putting in the FS fuel/load control menu the gas you've got when your landing starts and see where the CG falls on the diagram.The only suggestion I have is to try a few landings carrying some extra speed.If you are using autopilot for landing it is possible the elevator trim as used for A/P control is out of range since you state you can manually pull the nose up. This is just something to check.You do not say what model you are using. You might find another one and see if substituting its .air file helps. Make sure it is an FS9 one.All I can think of at this moment.

I'm good with all that. I'm using the SGA model (both the older one and so-called 'upgrade'). I'm thinking of trying the dynamics for my MD-11 as the aircraft are fairly similar except for weight. My SMS MD-11 seems to have near perfect flight dynamics so I might make some substitutions of the 'lights' and 'contact point', fix the weight and see if I can duplicate it in my D-10