Sign in to follow this  
Guest robcorpegll

Can anyone help

Guest robcorpegll

As a proud owner of Aerosoft-Simwings' new Madrid Barajas scenery, I've been flying in and out a fair amount recently.However, AI aircraft are not recognising the new runways and ILS frequencies - and I know this is something that can't be fixed in an Afcad.I have raised this with Aerosoft, who say Simwings are looking into it.I was wondering though whether any fantastic Avsim reader was able to, or willing to, code a bgl that makes AI/ATC use the new runways.Many thanksRob

Guest robcorpegll

Yep Mike, got that, but it's sadly out of date. LEMD has inaugurated two other runways since then, 18R and 33L - as reflected in the new Simwings' scenery, as opposed to the Gran Barajas freeware add-on.I'm using the file you described in the meantime though, until this issue it patched/third-party file becomes available.RobEDIT: I've just found Martin Gleeson's ILS and GPS Approach Creator in the file library. I'm going to have a play with that later and see what I can do.

Rob, you are mistaken. 18R and 33L are not new. The only real new end is 33R, 18L was moved.The freeware addons by the Zafra brothers reflect all the changes. Their approach file as well, read the description carefully. Just the other day I did a flight from LEBL to LEMD. Was given the 33R ILS approach. And that's possible only because of that approach file, because there's no stock 33R ILS, let alone stock 33R. And of course, 33L was 33.In the Afcad there are several redundant ILS's though, that's because some of the identifiers have changed. To keep it simple, I've deleted all the redundant ones and I've gone back to the stock identifiers. This makes for a cleaner and less error-prone Afcad.Knock yourself out, but there's really no need to. ;-)

Mike...

Guest robcorpegll

Ah yes, my bad - that'll teach me for not reading the readme and jumping to conclusions...Never mind, less time tinkering and tweaking, more time flying.Thanks for the heads-up!Rob