Sign in to follow this  
Guest kenmc

Real World Airline Traffic Generator?

Guest kenmc

Hi Folks, Where can I get a utility that will allow me to generate a traffic file from a schedule for a real world airline? I've used a lot of traffic files generated by others but I seem to spend a lot of time adjusting them for missing flights and wrong times.Thanks, Ken

I looked into this and... WOWsers! I would love to do this.But...I created my own commercial traffic files (as well as GA and military and helicopters and business jets) a year ago and have been flying with them since. The skies in my sim are very crowded, so much so that I have to run AISmooth to make a landing at any major airport. I have pretty much all the airlines large and small called by ATC, even though some are faked as far as paints go, but I don't see them up close that often so it doesn't bother me. I also have not kept up with the mergers and the bankruptcy changes but hey, this is a simulation so I am simulating that the world is perfect and nobody is going broke. 8^)I figure that since flight numbers repeat daily anyway (don't they?) I never notice flying with the same traffic. I don't fly heavies and I certainly don't fly a routine otherwise I might notice it I guess. Although this program would be great, with 89 different aircraft and real paints to match, plus 200 enhanced airports, I am not prepared to shell out $110.00 a year to have it. I am very impressed though, and I wish they had a trial version so I could see if it makes any difference to me. I would love to hear comments from anyone that uses AirNav Live. Maybe I could change my mind if my wife lets me.Dolph