Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest PARADISE

Glideslope/Aircraft.cfg. setting..........

Morning all..........Is there a setting in a model's aircraft.cgf file that controls the descent rate at glideslope intercept, or is this usually written into the model's airfile?The problem I've noticed is that certain models (both pay and freeware) will simulate the GS intercept almost flawlessly when flying with the autopilot on (ie-using the AP for the approach vs hand flying), while others have a very pronounced porpoising effect for the first 500' or so after intercepting. I'm just wondering if there are settings I can tweak to correct , or at least minimize the porpoising.By porpoising I mean it starts out,for example, at a 1500'/min descent, over-corrects to 400'/min, then finally stabilizes at a 700-800'/min descent.Thanks in advance for any repliesJohn

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

This effect can be seen if the CG is not in the right place - too far forward or backward from the central envelope. Check that the CG (in the fuel/payload menu item) is where it should be. Another potential is that you may be intercepting the glideslope at too high a speed.;)