Sign in to follow this  

No US Scenery??

Why is it that day after day I see scenery packages and files uploaded to Avsim for Europe and other parts of the world, but rarely for the US? I understand that MS didnt do such a great job on other parts of the world. Im sure this is due to time restraints that they have to meet, but I would like to see more US freeware scenery. If I had the talent, I would work on some projects myself. Actually, in the past I have tried, but I just dont have the patience to learn. Also, I would never work on a project that would be of lower quality than what I would expect from someone else. I guess I was just trying to get the bigger picture as to why we hardly see any scenery for the US. Thanks,Craig

Guest dogknot

Actually, tons of freeware and payware scenery has been done for the U.S. Pick a state and do a search in the library. Some areas have proven to be more popular than others, but there is really something for everybody. here are some for OHIO... http://library.avsim.com/search.php?Search...2scen&Go=Search try Washington, Idaho or Alaska...... and more sceneries are always on the way. :-wave

Quite right. And also remember that the default US scenery is quite a bit better on average than that for the rest of the world (which sometimes isn't there at all and if it is is severely lacking).US users can often with a bit of imagination see what's there in real life. That's hard to do when your entire country is a green and brown blob without altitude detail and all the airfields are no more than a runway on a green lawn...