Sign in to follow this  
JSACKS

Problems rebuilding FS9.cfg file

In an attempt to correct some video display problems that were annoying me every time I use FS2004, today I attempted to rebuild fs9.cfg. However, after removing fs9.cfg and storing it elsewhere for safekeeping as a backup, I found that when I clicked to start the sim, it just blacked out the triple LCD screens (I use MATROX TH2G) and I could not even start the sim. The resolution was changed on the way and the only screen I saw was something from the FS9 training menu or some such thing.I think that TH2G executes FS9 in some way or other. I'm not sure how exactly.Eventually I just restored my saved fs9.cfg file and then the sim started normally once again.Why did this difficulty happen with rebuilding the cfg file? Did I screw up something or did the sim screw up? Appreciate any guidance, thanks!JS

Guest RonB49

Let me start by saying that I know nothing about TH2G. Having said that, can you disable TH2G and see if FS9 starts with a single monitor and then builds its new config file? If that works, then you can enable TH2G again. R-