Sign in to follow this  
Guest propwash1940

Unwanted trim on 777's

Guest propwash1940

I'm having a problem with some of my 777's that has me puzzled. When I load an aircraft (MelJet 777), I can watch the horiz stab go to full pitch up position. I can readjust manually using the 7 (or 1) key on the keypad but by the time I get to the runway, the trim has returned to the full pitch up. This causes the acft to try to rotate before air speed is adequate to sustain flight. Normally I can figure things out but this one has me scratching my head. So, any ideas? Thanks a bunch in advance.Propwash1940

Guest Icemaker_99

I have the same problem, with most of the liners that i fly; i.e. E-190, B-737, B-767; the 777 is the most difficult. My solution is to take off with my thumb on the trim down button until th AutoPilot Altitude takes over.Marty in Brantford

Propwash1940 & marty:what you are both describing is you have turned on the autopilot before the aircraft have left the ground.most real-world aircraft lock-out the autopilot so it cannot be turned on until the aircraft is in-air. many don't allow autopilot control until the plane is 400' above-ground and in a stable climb.--

D. Scobie, feelThere support forum moderator: https://forum.simflight.com/forum/169-feelthere-support-forums/