Sign in to follow this  
kkillstr

FS9 freezes

Hi everybody!I just did a fresh install of my Vista x64. Also installed FSX which works like a charm. Problem begun when I installed FS9 and tried setup multi monitor configuration. FS9 freezes after flight is loaded (no add-ons). With search I found almost identical problem than my is (copied below). But in my case, simulator freezes always after 0-2 minutes. Unfortunately there was no solution. I really don

Kimmo Killstrom

Kimmo,Only half an hour ago, I also had a freeze of Fs-9 with the cracling sound as a sure token of trouble.However, I use Alacrity to free up some resources and I have the feeling that it has something to do with that utitlty (not with the program as such but with the settings and the services it shuts down).I don't (not now anyway) use a multimonitor setup so I doubt the two problems are related. What drivers are You using?Luc BrusselmansBelgium

I think so too. Actually, I never got so far to use multimonitor setup. Simulator freezes with one or three monitors, there

Kimmo Killstrom

Kimmo,Are you using alacrityPC?If not, here's another one.Just before I had my sim freezing on me, I had been playing around with some settings in the bios of my pc.I installed a new version of the bios and I was tring out some overclocking.I pushed it a bit and I got the crackling sound so, being prudent, I throttled back my settings and I have no more problems.If it's a driverissue, I use an Nvidia card so I cannot shed light on the ATI-drivers.Hope you find the solution.Luc BrusselmansBadger - Belgium