Sign in to follow this  
Guest atc4usaf

Some Add-on panels causing Textures to Reload

Guest atc4usaf

Hi all. Here's my first post!I've been having a problem for a long time and I just can't figure it out.Some add-on panels I use with the game cause all of the textures aircraft exterior, buildings, ground, every texture to constantly refresh and the game to stutter. So it's like watching a slideshow. The default panels are fine, and some downloaded panels work ok as well.I'm at a total loss. Here's my Computer Specs right off DXDIAG:AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 3800+, MMX, 3DNow (2 CPUs)Memory: 2560 MB RAMDirectX 9.0cDisplay: GeForce 7600 GT I have two SLI linked. And yes this problem occurs in dual or single mode.Display Driver: 6.14.0010.8466 (3/13/2007Sound: SB X-Fi AudioAny help here would be greatly appreciated since I'd love to use some of those awsome panels out there.Thanks again,Scott

If you would provide the exact filename and where you got it (download site) for one of the problematic panels perhaps someone will have some ideas to share.

Guest atc4usaf

Well, it was hit and miss with panels... almost any add-on panel I installed with the exception of a very limited few would cause this. But, in fooling around using process of elimination, disabling each setting in the hardware tab of the display options and testing to see what had which effect, I seem to have solved the problem.It seemed to be linked with the "transform lighting" settings. I disabled it and the problem went away. I guess the game does tell you that it may cause instabiity... :) I just never put two-and-two together!But thanks for the interrest in helping out! I really appreciate it.

Guest atc4usaf

Well, I suppose I should clarify. After playing around for a while, the panel I'm using (idg's MD-83 panel with update) still reloads the textures. Not as bad as before but it's still there. Still frustrating. Any suggestions? Could it be a video card problem? I just don't see that it could be a fundamental card issue. Perhaps settings?