Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest Extrabine

Strange Problem: FS9 runs only with already running wit...

Hi guys!I'm trying to work out whats going on with my FS9. I'm running Vista 32 Bit, FSX and FS9. But following problem happens: When I start a flight in FS9, the simulator itselves works, but the display of the simulation is kind of frozen. I can hear the engine sound changing when I accelerate or change view, but the display just stays at the very first picture. cockpit view, runway in front of me. If I change the view to tower view, the "cockpit" changes a tiny bit but it's still there and the view "runway in front of me" is still there, too. Ok, I thought it might be a driver problem of my graphics card (Geforce 8800GTS 512, DirectX 10) Newest drivers are installed. But now guess what. It was by accident, I actually just wanted to try if my RAM or my Processor gets overworked first and started FSX and FS9 at the same time. (This is possible for me because I start FSX first and then get the message if I waht to activate it now. During that message shown I can start FS9 as well without error), and FS9 WORKS!I couldn't believe it, so I tried it again and started FS9 on its own - didn't work. I started them together, FS9 worked. than I closed FSX and left FS9 open - it didn't work anymore!..Oh man is that strange. I installed them on the same partition. Does anybody have an idea how this might happen and how to fix it?Thoughts that I had: - FS9 has problems with DX10 and can't get it working, so he needs big brother FSX to get it running. BUT DX10 contains DX9 and FS9 can't use it anyway! So it shouldn't be that...- Maybe they are using some data togeter or maybe there is something mixed up in the registry... but if there is a problem in the registry, FS9 shouldn't be able to startup at all... so it can't be that...I have no idea what else it could be... do you? :-(thanks and best regards, Sabine

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Yep, kinda simple. You have a conflict. Dont have to be rocket scientist to figure that.I'd suggest to move on,,,, and pick one or the other. Or you could just spend a lot of time trying to make a program work that it isn't designed to work with DX10. Maybe uninstall everything and put XP on there. If you're lucky, someone will have had the exact same issue.Good luck,,