Sign in to follow this  
Guest tmond

Screen capture & crop program for FS9

Guest tmond

I've been hunting for a user friendly program for days and cannot find anything.This may be the wrong forum to be asking you all of this but I'm at my witts end. I need something that can size the picture in JPG.Anybody help plse?:-violin Tim Diamond

Guest belga1

Hi,Allways I suggest Snapper :)http://www.ovosoft.net/snapperEasy to use and a bunch of nice options.The settings are: Folder: This is the folder where Snapper will store the JPG pictures of the screenshots you make. The screenshots themselves will be saved with a filename which includes date, a serial number, and a string you can specify yourself. This makes the filename pretty unique, to minimize filename errors when uploading screenshots to a forum. Start names with: Here you can type your name, callsign, or any other string you'd like to see in front of your screenshot filenames. It defaults to the computer name. JPG quality: Move this slider to the right to increase the quality of the JPG images that are saved; remember that the higher the quality, the more space the pictures take. The default, 90, is a good tradeoff between size and quality. Left mouse click on tray icon makes screenshot: When checked, Snapper will make a screenshot when you click the tray icon. (The default behaviour is to open Snapper). This comes in handy when your keyboard doesn't have a PrintScreen key. Camera sound: A sound is played when Snapper detects that you've made a screenshot, this is for audible feedback that Snapper is actually working. The camera consists of two sounds: a shutter and a film transport sound. The shutter sound (a short click) is played as soon as Snapper detects a new picture on the clipboard; the transport sound (an electic motor whine) is played when Snapper is done processing and saving the screenshot, and is ready for the next screenshot. Crop: If you have a Windows desktop that encompasses multiple monitors, you might have noticed that screenshots can become pretty big! With the 'Crop' option you can specify how much of the total desktop you want to keep. In the future, this option will be enhanced somewhat, like selecting directly the monitor you want to capture. Save half size: Screenshots can be pretty big. When this option is checked, Snapper scales down each screenshot by 50% before saving. Show flight simulator location: When checked, Snapper will place a description of your current aircraft location on the bottom of the screenshot. This works only if you have Microsoft Flight Simulator running. Show latitude and longitude: When checked, Snapper will also include the exact geographic location of your airplane. Overlay text: Type any text you want to appear as a title on each screenshot. Leave this field blank to disable the overlay text. Cheers.

Guest The Captain

MGrab's another. I use it :)

Hi Gents,Another fine utility is called ScreenHunter. It can be found at:http://www.wisdom-soft.com. It has an auto-scale possibility which may be what you are looking for. Another interesting application on the same website is the auto screen recorder. Good for making videos of your flights.Best regards,

Guest tmond

Attn belqa1This sounds like a excellent program.My resolution is 1680x1250everytime I take a shot I hv to resize the picturefor recipients to 1024x768.I wonder if a person could go to cfg file and make default1024x768?sounds to be a excelleny program. Whats your thots?Tim:-hmmm