Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest XQ-NUE

!!!Problem with AI Separation solved (Recognizing own aircraft)!!!

Hello,good news. As many of you know AI Separation does not recognize the own aircraft. It only acts when AI Traffic conflicts between 2 AI Planes occure.All tests went fine, it works!Now I am making some final tests.If the remaining tests will be good too I will post at the library file a Manual. It's easy!Best regards

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Interesting package, reading through it all now. Still have the manual to go.Tip 1 doesn't seem entirely accurate to me. Because AI Sep's manual states:Reduced separation zone start (nm): A set distance from the airport in which planes will be moved at half the desired separation value. This is included to give more realism at busy airports and to stop ai being pushed outside the active ai zone.So lowering it from for example 50 to 35, doesn't mean that outside the 35 no conflicts are being taken care of as you conclude. It will help though, because the desired separation is half the actual desired separation outside 35. One can only assume that with a lower separation, less conflicts occur.Landing release altitude is an altitude, not distance. You say: you have to change the Value in the AI Smooth setting "landing release altitude" to a lower value of 3.000000NM. The default value is 5 ft. So I'm not sure if it's a good idea to change it from 5 to 3 ft. And the latest version of AI Smooth is 1.20.

Hi,About Zone of Separation: I think you missunderstood something. AI Separation only cars about conflicts within this 50NM Distance. If you set the 50NM to a lower Value will give the chance that AI Separation will solve conflicting traffic between AI Aircrafts in a more near distance to you. Reducing the Zone is because AI Sep. is only able to solve 3 conflicts at one time, this is not much so it is a good idea to reduce the conflicts registrated by AI Sep. to a minimum and the only way to do this is to reduce the airspace AI Sep. takes care aboutLanding release altitude: Landing release altidue is by default is not in NM but in ft above ground. Getting a landing release altitude at 5000ft is not efficent as traffic at the runway have do not get T/O cleareance when an AI plane already got the cleareance to land. So reducing the value to 3000ft is more efficent and you still have enough time between landing and departing aircraft. Reducing the Release Altitude will result in a not so big take off line.

With all due respect, I think you misunderstand. I quoted AI Separation's documentation. I think it's very clear. (One exception being, what if half the desired separation is lower than the minimum separation.) What do you base your opinion on?AI Smooth, landing release altitude. Whatever explanation you give, your documentation still says NM... And it's definitely feet. Also, the default value is 5 feet, not 5000. And frankly, the explanation you give, makes no sense. The Landing Release Altitude is a value in feet below which AI Smooth will leave an AI aircraft alone. AI Smooth's readme states:Once a plane is below 500 ft AGL, it will not be interfered with by AISmooth.Obviously the default value does not correspond to that 500 ft, but also read the comments before and after the quoted line.This value is interesting if you also use Reduce speed on approach. An AI aircraft may be below the Minimum IFR Holding Altitude, but as long as it doesn't go below the Landing Release Altitude, it can still be controlled by AI Smooth. By reducing its speed (the reduce speed ATC messages).This doesn't mean your suggestions won't make for better AI management, I plan to try it out with the values you provided, but unless you can give me some credible sources, you are wrong on a couple of issues.