Sign in to follow this  
jerryuscg

Bear's Cave Pick KPLN by Matthias Rauh

Tried 3 hours to get it to install correcty. Kept getting error msg like, Can not find Scenery Aera 123, 124 etc. I unzipped the zipped file to my scenery Folder and copied and pasted the two scenery cfgs entrys that he gave. Never could get it to work. Would someone that got it to work please send a screen shot of you scenery cfg so I might see what I did wrong? Thanks jerrycwo4

>Tried 3 hours to get it to install correcty. Kept getting>error msg like, Can not find Scenery Aera 123, 124 etc. I>unzipped the zipped file to my scenery Folder and copied and>pasted the two scenery cfgs entrys that he gave. Never could>get it to work. Would someone that got it to work please send>a screen shot of you scenery cfg so I might see what I did>wrong? Thanks jerrycwo4I don't have it but the problem likely lies with the way you added the scenery entries.I would never copy and paste entries - too easy to make a mistake. I believe it is much safer to add the entries via the Scenery Library "add" function. Use what he provided as a "guide" when checking the result of entering them the "normal" way. What is the exact filename and where did you get it? I don't see anything like that in the library here - at least under FS2004 scenery. If we know the filename one of us can check it out.

I finally figured out what scenery you are having problems with - the excellent Pellston airport (KPLN).The installation is not really complicated. Here is how I did it:1. Unzipped to a temporary folder.2. Copied the two scenery folders (PLN_LC and PLN_lib) and pasted them into my Addon scenery folder.3. Started FS2004 and activated (added) both entries to my scenery library - adding the PLN_LC first and then PLN_lib in that order.4. Exited FS and restarted it so those two entires would be indexed and added to my scebnery.cfg file.5. Exited FS2004 once more.6. Open my scenery.cfg file (using notepad) and added the following lines to the PLN_LC entry:Flatten.0=720,N45 34.77,W84 48.78,N45 34.81,W84 47.00,N45 33.53,W84 46.73,N45 33.90,W84 47.86Flatten.1=720,N45 33.51,W84 47.55,N45 33.50,W84 46.64,N45 32.84,W84 46.72,N45 33.05,W84 47.55It looked like this when I was done:[Area.XXX]Title=PLN_LCLocal=Addon SceneryPLN_LCRemote=Active=TRUERequired=FALSEFlatten.0=720,N45 34.77,W84 48.78,N45 34.81,W84 47.00,N45 33.53,W84 46.73,N45 33.90,W84 47.86Flatten.1=720,N45 33.51,W84 47.55,N45 33.50,W84 46.64,N45 32.84,W84 46.72,N45 33.05,W84 47.55Layer=XXXNote that I have shown the Area and Layer numbers as XXX - they WILL be different on your machine than on mine so I did not include the actual numbers. Those numbers are generated when you add to the scenery library and the additions are indexed etc.7. Restarted FS2004 and went to KPLN and enjoyed the excellent work by the author. It is truly remarkable!!!!Hope this helps.

Opa, following your instructions I got the scenery installed correctly. The way you told me to do it was the way that I usually install scenery but it wasn't even close to the way that Mattias Rauh, the builder of the scenery explained it. I always install new scenery into the Addon Scenery folder and then go thru the scenery library to install it. Maybe it was because English was his 2nd langauge; anyway he did a great job in creating the scenery and thanks to you for explaining it to me in a differant way. jerrycwo4PS Why did this comment come out in BLUE print instead of the usually BLACK and look like it was coppied from the "notepad" ?

>Opa, following your instructions I got the scenery installed>correctly. The way you told me to do it was the way that I>usually install scenery but it wasn't even close to the way>that Mattias Rauh, the builder of the scenery explained it. I>always install new scenery into the Addon Scenery folder and>then go thru the scenery library to install it. Maybe it was>because English was his 2nd langauge; anyway he did a great>job in creating the scenery and thanks to you for explaining>it to me in a differant way. jerrycwo4>>PS Why did this comment come out in BLUE print instead of the>usually BLACK and look like it was coppied from the "notepad">?I had checked the "plain text" box on my other post so I could use the square brakets. I guess your reply picked that up also.