Sign in to follow this  
Guest peterdebruin

Function change of Key S

Guest peterdebruin

I would like to change the function of the S Key in FS9 ast it standard gives 4 views being cockpit, virtual cockpit, tower view and spot, it takes too long to switch from 2D cockpit to Spot view. I use a Saitek yoke and one of the yoke keys represent the S function. Here I would like to limit the view action to 2D and Spot only. I use this a lot when arriving or taxi and need fast changes between the two views from cockpit to environment. So maybe I could change somewhere in a file the function of S from 4 to 2 views by deleting the Tower and Virtual view. Or making tOwer also 2D Cockpit and Virtual also Spot. Anyway trust my explanation gets me an answere where to find and how to change.

I don't know if the view rotation can be changed...You can just hit SHIFT-S from your 2D panel to move back to spot plane view. (Shift-S cycles the views backward).Devin

Devin Pollock
CYOW

BetaTeamB.png

Guest RonB49

Hi Peter and welcome. Expanding on what Devin said, the only way I found to accomplish what you are seeking is by using two buttons on my CH yoke. One is "S" (cycles view forward) and the other is "Shift+S" (cycles view backward). And I use it for exactly the purpose that you stated.R-

Guest peterdebruin

Thank you for your nice welcome. About the subject: I understand the shift+S for a reverse action of S. That's what I do today but I do not like to reach out for the keyboard. Alternative is to define more then one key on the Yoke - being the S and reverse S - but find that a waste of the few keys I have on my Yoke. So the thinking was to use good action from the 4 defined S keystrokes / views and change or limit this only There must be a file that cycles through the views, I would think. If only I could change them from 4 views to two...which saves me an extra key on my yoke - and do not need the keyboard at all. Would life of a FS pilot with a Yoke not be much better ? For the moment I do not give up my hope for a solution