Sign in to follow this  
BillDickson

Ultimate Terain Europe

I have just installed UTE with both patches and at the moment am dissapointed with the results when compared to the screen shots I have seen. I have GE pro and UTE installed, the blurries are very bad, the edges of the roads and rivers are blurried and jagged, the scenery draw distance is very near, scenery pops up at you, The scenery is reasonably sharp when looking directly down on thr aircraft from above, but the horizon is very limited.I am thinking on adding a mesh addon such as Genisis as the reviews recommend.All my FS sliders are maxed out.Is their something I am not doing to achieve better results or something I can do.Please helpThanksBill

Adding mesh won't solve the problem. Mesh simply gives shape and structure to the world. It makes mountains look more like mountains than lumps or bumps. With that said, I love the FS Genesis mesh and have used it for years. For me, it is a critical part of creating a credible flight environment.As for the problem: Were you getting blurries before you installed UTE and/or GE Pro, or were you hoping these utilities would solve the problem?My advice would be to look at your sliders. In all likelihood, having all your sliders "maxed out" is causing the problem. My advice, although somewhat painful, is to go through a trial-and-error exercise by adjusting some sliders up/down to see if they impact or affect the results. Bob

Bill,I've been now using the third PC since I bought UTE. I also have GE textures and FSG meshes installed.I'm afraid using UTE, although a great experience of its own, has a clear backside.I also experience ground blurries all the time. But it's only in Europe, not in North America or Asia. So the problem is not with GE or FSG (which are applied globally).I have a good PC now, all UTE patches and a lot of sliders/config experiments behind.UTE looks great and sharp till I'm about 15-20 thousand feet up. Then the blurries start. When I look directly down: no problem - crystal clear.But looking around the ground doesn't look good anymnore and further roads are jagged (looks really awful).I know the blurry ground is a general probem of the MFS display engine.But, as I wrote above, non-European areas (outside of UTE) look much better in the terms of texture sharpness.I take it as a price for using this great addon. Additionally UTE contributes to lower FPS, but fortunately a good PC helps with that a lot.Is there anyone here using UTE without this problem at all?If so, there much be a solution.Best regards,RafalFS9.1Windows XP HE SP3Intel Core Duo2 E8400 3GHz2GB RAMNVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT

Guest XQ-NUE

Hi,be aware that many blurries are due to four settings in the Setup:1st: switched on "Industrial Lanclass"2nd: switched on "Detailed parks"3rd: switched on "industrial areas"4th: switched on "detailed industrial harbours"Theese 4 setup's do not have autogen buildings and are made in a bad way. They have a very low resolution. Everytime I switche on theese setups I got the same blurried pictuires as you get. Try to turn them off and you will see a huge improvement.At least this was the reason for my blurries. This is how it looked like: http://www.imgimg.de/uploads/fsscr001f01a8e34jpg.jpg

XQ_NUE,I tried deactivating the UTE elements you suggested.Unfortunately there is no change after. No better, no worse.Thanks anyway!Best regards,Rafal

Guest cuizinier

hellocan you post a screenshot illustrating your problem ?Julien