Sign in to follow this  
homer

Help with blotchy multi-colored grass!

Hello ...I'm one of those pitiful individuals who spend more time tweaking than flying and somehow I've managed to end up with grass textures - noticible at airports - that have become multi-colored and very blotchy. Didn't used to be this way. I've tried replacing detail1 with alternate grass textures and just installed Picnic to see what might change. Nothing. Something seems to be overlapping or overriding any new textues installed. Is that possible? I can't seem to get the grass to change where it had previously with alternate textures.Does anyone have any ideas?Thanks for your help,Steve

Guest ThrottleUp

Hallo,BACKUP existing folder before doing this :)As a start I would advise to install the default textures again from your FS9 CD! Here is a directory of the CDs, you need to unzip the texture file and overwrite your existing Texture folder:http://www.cat-tamer.com/flightsim/faq001.htmlAlternatively you can:1. Rename existing texture folder to something else (eg. "texture.old)2. Now create a new texture folderDump from FS9 CD into this new folder and test in the sim!TIP - if you have lots of hard drive space keep a copy of the zipped default texture folder from the CD then you can easily restore default in case of problem! :)

Thank you for taking the time to reply to my question and for the very helpful link to "cat-tamer" - I'll give it a try.Steve