Sign in to follow this  
Guest LSangiovanni LIML

B737-200: how many fuel tanks?!?!

Guest LSangiovanni LIML

Hey folks,look at this (from FFX and YEODESIGNS v.2 aircraft.cfg).FFX put only two fuel tanks in their aircrafts, but all b737-200 panels i used have three fuel level gauges!What should i do? At this point cannot set fuel quantity in FS2002>aircraft>fuelThanks in advance for helpingLuigi ;-)FFX[fuel]LeftMain=-3.000000,-19.000000,0.000000,1400.000000,0.000000RightMain=-3.000000,19.000000,0.000000,1400.000000,0.000000fuel_type=2.000000number_of_tank_selectors=1YEODESIGNS v.2[fuel]Center1=0.0, 0.000, 0.000, 2303.000, 0.000LeftMain=0.0, 8.8450368,0.000, 1430.000, 0.000RightMain=0.0, -8.8450368,0.000, 1430.000, 0.000fuel_type=2.000000number_of_tank_selectors=1

Interesting queation. I couldn't find anything on the 200 fuel system in Matt Z's info...I'm going to do some searching...Dave

Guest Brent Hebert

From the information I have, the 737-200 Basic A/C have two tanks and the 737-200ADV have three tanks. Yeodesigns have the Advanced models.Brent Hebert

Guest LSangiovanni LIML

Hi Brent,i suppose i have to remove one of three fuel gauges from my panels (when using basic 732).Thanks for the infocheersLuigi ;-)

I used to fuel aircraft for a living while in high school & college out at KBNA. I can tell you for a fact that the 732 has 3 tanks, A Left (left wing), Right (right wing), and Center (lower fuselage).Here are the Quantities:L/R: 9,561 C: 15,423 Total Pounds: 34,545 Gallons: 5,155I have this and, much much more information to make your aircraft & flight experience more realistic at my site, but it is down because my host went caput, and I have yet to find another suitable host.But, the fuel quantities for most aircraft are there, the CAT I-II-III approach definitions are there, how to read METARs, how to determine flight altitudes, all that good stuff.So, if you know of a good FREE host for sites, toss the info, & I will throw my site back up.

Guest P3_Super_Bee

As Brent stated, some have 3 tanks and some only had 2. Here's a flight station shot of a 200 with only 2 tanks:http://www.airliners.net/open.file/109619/L/There were I think 5 different models of the -200 series aircraft.-200 basic -200C/200QC-200 adv -200C adv/200QC adv-200 Executive (the 1st real BBJ)Some aircraft could carry as much as 40,000 lbs of fuel. This was with an aux tank in the aft cargo hold.:-outtahttp://www.flightsimnetwork.com/dcforum/Us...43942b48d2b.jpg

I can't guarentee what the guages will read when I'm finished. When I modify or rewrite Air files and Configs, my main concern is ground handling and overall flight characteristics. Guage parameters within an airfile is still a mystery to me. As I've stated in other posts, as well as others, borrowing from their phrasing, "air file editing is a black art known only to the very talented few". And it's not likely they'll ever truly share all the secrets. We have to learn by experimentation.It would be nice if MS did some sort of in depth SDK specifically for the air file. The flight dynamics of all future releases would improve drastically. The original airfile that was provided with the 737 was unedited for the most part. Yesterday was the first time I had time to work on it. It's now in the testing/tweaking stages.Not everyone will like the new files I'm sure. Everyone has their own ideas and opinions as to how an aircraft is "supposed to fly" in FS. My response to that is that the majority of people have never flown a real one. They're too used to the inaccurate fde's that we've been getting all these years. On a real aircraft, you don't tell the computer that the horizontal stabilizer is actually dead center in the middle of the fuselage or that the engines and the gears etc are actually located behind the aircraft. Or that the pilot actually sits in coach with the passengers and flys from there. :(I reset everything to the specific model at hand and go from there, setting everything to the actual location, not in front of or behind, or 20 ft off the wingtips. So I expect to get some more bashing as I have recieved recently when this set comes out.Should be out over the weekend, will be doing some more flights later today with it. Take care!mike@sgair.nethttp://sgair.net/images/member_name_banners/mike_small.jpg

Guest LSangiovanni LIML

Thank you all for interesting readings.cheersLuigi ;-)