Sign in to follow this  
PeterR

Multi monitor problem

I hope you guys can help me with something.Up until a few days ago, I had just one extra video card on my main computer. I used it to display the instrument panel.Everything worked fine.I put in a second PCI card to display FSNav and a few other nav aides. It worked once, but then it started causing FS to crash or lock up.Remove the extra display, and everything is normal again.Does anyone have any idea why this may be happening??Also, I noticed when I only had the one PCI card installed, the settings screen showed a third, ghosted out monitor present.So, when I enable the third monitor, it shows I have four monitors.What is this all about? I cant enable monitor No. 3 and I cant delete it.Help anyone??JohnW

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Never heard that one before. Try reinstalling the drivers for your video cards and then reinstall the same version of DirectX (8.1 or 9, whatever you're using). See if that helps. Once, not long ago, when FS2k2 crashed on me, some DirectX files got corrupted so I had to reinstall it.Peter http://bfu.avsim.net/sigpics/PeterR.gifBFU Forums Moderator[table border=2 cellpadding=0 cellspacing=1][tr][td][table border=0 cellpadding=8 cellspacing=0][tr][td bgcolor=#540000]http://bfu.avsim.net/sigpics/logo75t.gif[/td][td align="center" bgcolor=#FFFFF6]Bush Flying Unlimited"At home in the wild"Looking for adventure? Come join us! * [link:bfu.avsim.net|Web Site] * [link:www.cafepress.com/bfu,bfu2,bfu3,bfu4|BFU Store] * [link:bfu.avsim.net/join.htm]Join!][/td][/tr][/table][/td][/tr][/table