Sign in to follow this  
DMullert

Mike Stone MD-11 Flight Dynamics Fix! Please Read!

Hey Gang!As you may have already noticed by some of my posts today, I have expressed a little bit of frustration at the flight dynamics that came with Mike Stone's MD-11 release. I personally love the airplane and think Mike did a fantastic job with it, even though the dynamics were pretty out of whack. I decided to tinker on my own and see if I could come up with something to make it better and I think I hit GOLD.First, I took the Air File and the CFG file from Harrald Nerring's A310-300 and applied it to Mike Stone's MD-11. To my surprise, the aircraft was selectable from the FS2002 menus and actually worked. I took the lights section from the old .cfg file that came with mike's MD-11, as well as other areas, like the engines section, etc., and included them (in some cases replaced them) in the new .cfg file I copied from Harrald's A-310.Now my MD-11's fly rather nicely. They take off like normal passenger airplanes do, (nose up attitude), and the approach and landing attitudes are now (nose up or slight nose up). Also, it takes a lot longer to bring her down to braking speed as in real life.I realize that these dynamics are not necesarily true MD-11's, but in the mean time, it makes this beauty fly more realistically. For those of you interested, give it a try and let me know via e-mail if you have any questions. By the way, I cannot distribute what I have done because the .cfg and air files belong to Harrald Nerring's A-310 and I don't want to mess up his fabulous masterpiece. This is a (your own risk thing) - but as long as you back up your original files (there's no risk).Sincerely,Dennis D. Mullert

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!