Sign in to follow this  
JSACKS

What are the correct weights of the new FX 737-200 ?

The performance narrative in the cfg file of this beautiful bird says the MGTOW = 117,000 lbs and that the max fuel = 34,600 lbs.But the Weight & Balance narrative of the same cfg file also says that the empty weight is 85,000 lbs and the station loads are zero. The full fuel load indicated in the cockpit panel = 18,700 lbs. The MGTOW by my calculation, therefore, is 104,000 lbs.Something ain't right here. Where am I going wrong and what am I missing?Appreciate info/advice on correct weights, thanks!JS

Guest drobson

From what I can recall from working the weight and balance forms for the 737, 104,000 is pretty close (-9 engines). The aircraft that were equipped with the -17Advanced engines would gross out around the 117,000 weight. Of course, it's been nearly 17 years since I worked in operations, so my mind could be a little fuzzy. ;-)Darrell

Darrell:These forums are amazing. Where else would one find that folks had actually worked on these puppies?! Thanks for your informative reply. Cheers!JS