Sign in to follow this  

Active Camera

What is it and what does it do? Does it affect frame rates?

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

WHAT IS IT???!!! ONLY THE BEST ADDON FOR FS! LOLit is a module that lets you move freely around in the VC mode instead of being stuck in one spot (imagine having an aircraft with a fully virtual compartment, you can go to the back of the plane and out the door), there is an exterior view mode as well, but due to FS limitations doesn't do so well with some machines, but the VC option is great. You can also program the CFG for it to allow for head latency while in the VC mode to simulate head movement, very cool, but takes some getting used to. I can't imagine not having it installed at this point, it has become an itegral part of my simming experience and I don't notice any effect on FPS.Regards, Michaelhttp://mysite.verizon.net/res052cd/mybannercva1.jpg

I just discovered this, too, and it's great! For me it was like experiencing FS for the first time all over again. Get this one A.S.A.P.D.

In real aircraft, G-Forces are an important input for the pilot. It's just like driving you car and being able to hold a certain speed without looking at the speedometer. With active camera, these G-forces are translated into head movement. This gives back some of the inputs simpilots are missing. In bad weather, you can see the turbulence.