Sign in to follow this  
JimmiG

TileProxy Beta3 "giving up" after a while?

Guest cbuchner1

Keep in mind it's not TileProxy loading the tiles really, it's the Flight Simulator. Only if FSX decides it wants a particular tile, my program ever gets a chance to download it from the Internet.Right now my progrmam does not "Intelligently" preload tiles that could be needed later! This is on the development roadmap, but not available yet as a feature.It may be that the additional delay during loading that TileProxy is creating here that confuses the terrain loader of FSX SP1 somewhat.Christian

Guest rbrown3rd

SP1 and TP beta 3. Seems like the textures never get really sharp as they did before. Granted, I am the tester with the low end machine but with beta2 and a non SP1 sim it was doing a fair job of eventually loading sharp textures. Seems like something in FSX with SP1 is not asking for new tiles as was done previously. I suspect it is SP1 and not TP. Yes, I have SP1=yes in the ini.My system is CPU "AMD Athlon XP 2700+" Speed Test 2.215 GhzGeForce 6600 GT. My wife keeps telling me I need a new machine. LOL.

Guest cbuchner1

I described a possible fix in the "Healing the Blurries" thread. Can you try if it improves your situation? If you have a single CPU/core machine you can skip the processor affinity parts, but everything else still applies.

Guest rbrown3rd

>I described a possible fix in the "Healing the Blurries">thread. Can you try if it improves your situation? If you have>a single CPU/core machine you can skip the processor affinity>parts, but everything else still applies.>Sure. Would you mind posting either there are here exactly the mods that are applicable to a single CPU machine?

Guest rbrown3rd

I think I figured it out. I applied the following (not knowing what any of it means):[main]PerfBucket=50FIBER_FRAME_TIME_FRACTION=1.20[terrain]SWAP_WAIT_TIMEOUT=1000Also, locked my frame rate to 20.Going to test now.

Guest rbrown3rd

TP still loads some textures at the start point but after flying arounda bit no other textures are updated. Moved to a slightly different start point and those textures were updated but again as I flew around no additional textures were updated by the sim. Hope that helps Christian. Let me know if you want me to try anything else.

Guest cbuchner1

I think you can try the SP1 deinstallation. ;-)I think the only real benefit that the SP1 has for TileProxy users is that you can turn road traffic up quite a bit without too much of a performance hit. It can be nice to see toy cars on the landscape - but it needs a good and "complete" vector database for roads.I've seen that near a Berlin airport recently and I found that very cool looking.

Guest rbrown3rd

>TP still loads some textures at the start point but after>flying arounda bit no other textures are updated. Moved to a>slightly different start point and those textures were updated>but again as I flew around no additional textures were updated>by the sim. Hope that helps Christian. Let me know if you>want me to try anything else. Changed my LOD from small to medium and it seemed to fix the problem. Changed it to large and things seem to continue to work properly.