Sign in to follow this  
Guest Rob_man

SP1 Poll?

Guest Rob_man

Its a week or two now since SP1 came out. Just wondering how many people have TileProxy and FSX SP1 happily co-existing now there's been time to tweak a bit.(I uninstalled SP1 off my single AMD 4000+ when tile downloads in flight seemed almost non-existent)Rob

Guest jcmckeown

Had to uninstall SP1 and revert back to RTM due to blurries. RTM is much better than SP1.JCMK

Guest wyoming

the only thing that prevents me from switching to a Linux-based system ala Ubuntu is the sim. Which begins to be a little concerning...

Guest Rob_man

>the only thing that prevents me from switching to a>Linux-based system ala Ubuntu is the sim. Which begins to be a>little concerning...Flight Sim has always hard some part to play with my system choices - no way I was parting with my Amiga until IBMs proved they hard sound and graphics decent enough to do Flight Simulator justice! Come to think of it, this year is 20 years since I first fired up Flight Sim 2 on the C64. And TP is a great way to celebrate! ;-)Rob

Guest cbuchner1

Being the developer of this critter, I am using the SP1 mostly - despite the lagging performance on my machine - and I typically run a small regression test with the FSX RTM version before release.I still haven't found the definitive cure to make the textures load better with SP1. Eeryone seems to get different performance out of SP1. For some it doesn't load anything, for me it just trickles along, barely enough to keep up at 100 knots..Christian

Guest Rob_man

Thanks Christian. I tinker too much and was thinking of having another go with SP1. Will use the time fly some more and explore with TP!Your notes on Beta 4 look promising too.Thanks once again for slaving away on such an awesome piece of code!Rob

Guest Stoopy

Running SP1 here on my 3.2 P-4 and wouldn't go back, it's running way too well and after starting from the ground up with the sliders, textures keep up adequately for me and look OUTSTANDING.With TP Beta3, things seem to work kinda OK (faster, that's for sure) but unfortunately I get error messages indicating "TileProxy had a problem and has to close"....pretty much a given when starting a new flight or about every 10 minutes during a flight. I can re-load TP and the filter driver (it sees the filter driver is already running but it re-connects to the sim just fine) and I can resume, but it has become bothersome. I was about to start a new post opr search on this topic but may as well mention it here....Oh yeah chalk up another Commodore Amiga owner....my ol' Amiga 1000 and Fighter Duel Pro (besides Flight Sim) are some of the best simming memories! Miss that red & white checkered bouncing ball... :)

Guest rbrown3rd

SP1 and TP beta 3. Textures don't seem to update adequately and I have a fair amount of blurries. I do frequent manual refreshes. Hard to comment on relative performance since my machine is pretty slow anyway but I am getting a good solid 18fps and the sim is very smooth.

Guest captiandon

I am having the same problem. I start a flight and the Textures look great but I fly for a few miles and the textures start to get blurry. I am running a Dell M1710 laptop dont know if that has something to do with it but my frames are about 25 which is where they are lockd at. Sliders are at max as AutoGen is all that seems to effect my Frames.