Sign in to follow this  
Truthan

A Brief "ProxyUser.ini" Configuration Primer....

Guest Gadget

Hi Ed,Thanks for your 'ejits guide' to TP... Don't mind telling you, I was stumped when I read the user guide..!!I have followed your instructions, and those in the user guide, ie, setting the .ini as you suggest, turning off my anti virus etc.. I have even downloaded your .ini (thanks again!) But still have no joy!!I start TP, says 'ATTACHED SUCCESSFUL', I start FSX, select departure and a/c.. All looks like it is working.. FS loads quickly to 36% then stalls..TP gives a couple of messages:1) Gives a column of: Transfer #2 problem - giving up Transfer #3 problem - giving upetc, etc upto Transfer #44 problem - giving up2) TP will then give multiple 'CURLcode for URL http://a0.ortho.tiles.virtualearth.net/til...23222.jpeg?g=52 Signals TIMEOUT' messages (with the long number afer /tiles/ changing..)3) TP Then shows (very slowly) several lines: 'proxyUser: Individual tile accesses 3, 0.0 per second' with the tile accesses varying from 0 to 6 and per second count from 0.0 to 0.4..(???)After 30mins, I have given up, closed TP, FSX continues to load quickly, but with screwed up textures..Anybody, have any suggestions???Cheers,Gadget

Guest cbuchner1

What is the speed of your DSL line?try adjusting the rate=2.0 argument from the module_config lineto state something like rate=1.0 or rate=0.5you could also lower the value for conn=20 to 10 or 5.If you're lucky, this eliminates the timeouts you're seeing.

Hi Gadget,Hmmm. It's not clear to me right off the bat what might be your problem....Looks like your trying to load a flight somewhere in southern British Columbia ay?. Unfortunately, none of three services TP uses have any decent coverage in BC, save for a couple of narrow high resolution "strips" from G*****. Checking online I noticed Y**** at level 13 has the best most consistent coverage there, but you're still down to way below FS9 resolution levels at that point.None the less, I tried loading a flight with V******E**** at Princeton, BC and mine loaded just fine. The maximum level available(around 13?) however made the whole scene quite unsatifactory though:http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/174802.jpg I'd first thought your problem might have been perhaps TP/FSX are trying to load higher resolution textures that simply aren't there on the server for that area. But my flight loaded fine (even with the lower level textures). however, I'm RUNNING FSX RTM (not SP1), so maybe that could account for the difference? Try loading a flight across in the border in Washington State, say "Chelan, WA", just to check whether for some reason your system choked on an attempt to retrieve the unavailable higher resoutions.Change servers then (like Y****!) and try your BC flight again.If the same thing happens then, it's likely "system related" (I would think), rather than "service" related. In which case a clean re-install of TP would be my first move. Sorry for not being more helpful but maybe an idea or two here will spark some results on your side. Let us know how you fare....

"We shall not cease from exploration...

and the end of all our exploring...

will be to arrive where we started...

and know the place for the first time."

- T. S. Eliot

CB posted just as I was finishing...yup, good advice, I'd try adjusting your Conn and Rate numbers if the timeouts persist....

- T. S. Eliot

Guest Gadget

Thanks Christian / Ed,I am on an 8Mbps DSL, that really does run at 8Mbps as I am close to the exchange... So I hope it isn't the line speed..I tried reducing the rate= and conn=, also tried all 3 map services, and loading different locations. Although I did loose the 'TIMEOUT' TP was very slow loading tiles.. I tried just leaving it to load over night, after 8hrs had reached about 1400 individual tile accesses, but FS had not loaded past 36% (trying to load GCLP).. Also tried loading LSGG and EGLF.. But still no joy...I am using a recent install of FSX (1 week) and a fresh install of TP Beta5 (today) with Ed's .ini file (edited as per CB's recommendation for rate= and conn=) I have made no changes to any of the FSX default settings..May have to resign to the fact I will just have to enjoy screenies posted by other'sThanks again for your quick replies and generous offers of help.. Great to have guys like you to turn to in a moment of need!!Gadget

Gadget, Hmmm. My last instinct is there's simply something "blocking" your downloads. If you haven't already yet, double check:-Deactivate the Windows Firewall at Start>Control Panel> Windows Firewall. For me this SOB causes more problems than it could ever protect me from.-Double check that all forms of active Spyware and Anti-virus Software are deactivated. Some people have something active they don't even know is there. Check all your active processes to be sure.-Are all files (i.e FS, TP, the TP cache folders and "TileProxy Photoreal World" folders on the same drive? Did the TileProxy main program folder install properly (i.e. inside your "Flight Simulator X" root folder?-If your ISP requires you login through their browser interface (like SBC Yahoo for example) are all hidden or built-in versions of their protection software deactivated as well?TP usually smokes through 1400 individual tile accesses in the first minute of operation, so something's amiss with the number of downloads your getting. If you can browse the internet at good speed, then shucks, I see no reason (other than those stated above), you shouldn't be able to get TP to connect the the specified servers and deliver textures to you.

- T. S. Eliot

Gadget,Also, have you properly commented out the other sevices you DO NOT wish to use in the ProxyUser.ini file as shown here: http://edtruthan.com/tileproxy/ini/(It sounds like you've already got this understood, so I don't mean to be redundant, just thorough, since this has stumped a few users.)Good Luck!

- T. S. Eliot

Guest Gadget

Ed....You da man!!!! ;)Problem was my anti virus... Although I had closed it in the task bar, and cancelled the warning that the system was unprotected... NOD32 has several other anti virus 'bits' running... once these were stopped from within the program's control panel, everything went to plan!! TP 'Did exactly what it said on the tin'!!! ;)Thanks to both you and Christian for your help - Your both a credit to the FS community!!A happy Gadget!!

Guest Challenger604

I used to get the same results of the pic's above until I uninstalled SP1

Guest Rysher

Hi!I have a major problem with TP's G00gle Earth source. He always got errors, with "failed to resolve host" reason, n downloads nothing. Well, i'm livin' in Hungary and other source's tiles (like yah00 or virtualearth) are not good for this area... When i want more than big pixels n blurs, i have to use GE source for best results. Maybe the GE's adresses are changed? I think.I hope somebody can help me... 'cause i love TP!My g00gle earth setting in proxyuser.ini :[service Example 3]cache_folder=I:Gamescache.service3network_module=libnettilemodule_config="conn=20|rate=2.0|verbose=0|server=http://us.maps3.yimg.com|path=/aerial.maps.yimg.com/img?x=%x&y=%y&z=%z&v=%v&t=a|useragent=Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 6.0; SLCC1; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.04506; .NET CLR 1.1.4322)"min_level=5max_level=17#level_mapping=5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17map_version=1.7color_hack=Nocolor_level=0bulk_extend=50Regards,rys

Guest Rysher

Sorry, i've pasted wrong source, so here's the correct one.. :)[service Example 2]cache_folder=cache.service2network_module=libnettilemodule_config="conn=20|rate=2.0|verbose=1|server=http://kh*.google.com|path=/kh?t=t%s&n=404&v=17|quad=qrts|balance=0123|useragent=Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 6.0; SLCC1; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.04506; .NET CLR 1.1.4322)"min_level=5max_level=17color_hack=Nocolor_level=0bulk_extend=50

Guest cbuchner1

the kh part has become khm, not sure why they changed it. Maybe they are trying to play cat & mouse with "independent" software developers.

Guest Rysher

Wow! It's working now! Thanks man... you're great! :) I hope this project will be v1.0 soon. ;)

Guest cbuchner1

If you're waiting very long, you can try enabling the logging in the INI file and send me the resulting log file (typically saved to the C: drive if I remember correctly...)