Sign in to follow this  
Guest ha5mvo

Provider - does it matter?

Hi,unbelievably, I have actually managed to set things up (FS9).LOD 13 (can't go higher with FS9, right?) seems to give reasonable results for my Toronto testing grounds.The thing is, that both Y*** and V***E** work fine, with G*** I get constant redirects, timeouts, 20+12, give ups, and all that jazz :) - basically I'm stuck at 51%.Now, can I expect better resolution from one provider over another or should I just stick to those that work?Thanks !!//Michael

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Michael,Just go online to each provider's map web site...and zoom into the area you want to fly. Whoever has the nicest coverage that suits your taste, just configure TP for that provider and presto! For GE you'll need to install their free viewer, but the other two are browser based. Just choose the "satellite" button to override the default "road map view" and the textures you see at a given zoom level will be the same ones FS will load for that general LOD level.Have fun!

Actually TP would use Google *Maps*, which is also browser based and does often lag behind a few weeks with sat data updates vs the Google Earth dataset.