Sign in to follow this  
nudata

Bulk Preload Of Photo Tiles?

I am not sure that it will be easy, for all users, to avoid blurred textures during flight. An ability to preload the tiles in an "offline" mode would setup the BGLS for subsequent flights over the selected area. The two possible issues are the extents of the desired area and the load on the map vendor's server.The extents may be solved by having the user, in top-down mode, zoom out to show the desired area. I do not know if TileProxy can get corner extents from Simconnect.The other issue is the map server load. There TileProxy can severely limit the impact using parameters already in the INI file. This mode, and the parameters would NOT have an option for changing these parameters. They would be permanently set by the author.EDIT: I had, in the past just done a cursory flight in non-tileproxy mode (TP off). After I posted the message I thought that I had better take a close look at flying over "tileproxy'd areas but without tileproxy running. What I found was that different photo-tiles are loaded based upon the distance from the aircraft. That is if I slewed slowly over and area the photo-tiles would switch to an entirely different tile. The resolution remained the same. No sure which tile was correct for the viewed area.I wonder if the use of the tiny textures, and their associated BGLS, is such a larger number, is causing issues. I did this test in FS9.Regards,Dick BoleyA PC, an LCD, speakers, CH yoke

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!