Sign in to follow this  
AdvancedFollower

Some questions and feature suggestions

Well, after being able to play around with TP for a while without technical hickups or blurries, there are some other things which occoured to me.1. Which server is the best, bandwidth-wise? This is probably dependant on your geographic location, but when using the online browser, it seems Google and Microsoft are faster than Yahoo at my end.2. Switch services without scenery refresh - is that possible? I guess the scenery refresh is done to purge as much of the old data as possible. Often, I find myself switching servers on longer flights, when flying from an area where service #1 provides better coverage, into a large area with better coverage of #2. On those occasions, getting mixed tiles for a while would be preferable to a long interruption of the flight.3. A future feature suggestion "Automatically use best service provider". I often have to use the online browsers before a flight to determine which service would be best suited.A coarse "map" might be used to define which service provides the best coverage for a particular area. If that was provided as a colour coded bitmap or easy to edit file, users might edit it to their own preference. It wouldn't have to be very detailed, usually the various "zones" of coverage are very big. Once such "zone border" for eaxmple, runs along the border of Washington and Idaho. Having it automatically use the best service for WA on its side of the border, and the other service (which provides a better Idaho) on the other side would be great.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!