Sign in to follow this  
Chuck_Jodry-VJPL

Vista Install Problems

While working through the install process on a hp quad running vista i have run into this error and would dearly love a bit of adviceAccess is denied.The system cannot find the file specified.Could Not Find C:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesMicrosoft Flight Simulator XTileProxypwd.txtDirectory is on drive C:Load failed with error: 0x80070005Access is denied.Attach failed with error: 0x80070005Access is denied.proxyUser: will operate on drive C:proxyUser: Volume listing failed with error: 0x80070005proxyUser: Configuration summary master_enable=1 offline_mode=0 menu_sources=Service Example 1|Service Example 2|Service Example 3|Service Example 4 source=Google Earth lod_distance=1000.000000 preload=15 network module=libnettile module configuration=server=http://kh*.google.com|path=/kh?t=t%s&n=404&v=17|quad=qrts|balance=0123|useragent=MSIE 6.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 6.0; SLCC1; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.04506; .NET CLR 1.1.4322) max_lod=15 (1024x1024 tiles) min_level=9 max_level=17 color_hack=0 color_level=0 bulk_extend=25 level_mapping=Not activated map_version= water_mask=On water_smoothing=Off water_threshold=0.330000 water_blending=On blend_distance=500.000000proxyUser: Connecting to the filter ...proxyUser: ERROR connecting to filter port: 0x80070002Press any key to continue . . .

Guest cbuchner1

The multiple access is denied messages may come from User Account Control (UAC) still being activated. Try disabling it as outlined on many web pages (google for how to disable UAC)

Thanks for the reply , i checked that and enabled all needed permissions There does not seem to be a pwd.txt on this machine but an installer for the FSX sdk popped up that i did not allow to install over my sp1A FSX sdk in order to protect my 3DS8 Max's use of it and all the work it took to get that set up for Vista ( Major Hassle )...wonder if that was involved in the missing file pwd.txt.

Guest cbuchner1

the relevant part of the load.bat script ischdir >pwd.txtSET /P PWD=

Thanks Christian , it took some doing but i got TP up and running,although once up and loading tiles the G E server cut the feed about half way through ... made we wonder what would happen if i booted an instance of GE, left it running reduced to the taskbar and then ran TileProxy " Under Cover "

Later addition to above, tried my idea about running GE reduced with great results although some 260 MB were used to do it .There were no problems with the load from TP running on processors 2 3 and 4 evenly at about 90 percent when loading tiles and dropping to a few percent once loaded .Flight Sim seems to have used about 1 G of memory and TP around 300MB.I was using the Citation Sovereign model i released recently as a test bed , these planes are fast and i had no problems with blurrie textures , missing tiles or " artifacts " running on a HP m8120n Intel quad Nice work dude ,under ideal conditions where highrez images are available this is as good as it gets. Thanks for the work you put in on this project , as you released the source code i hope to see fellow developers get on the go with a bit of script to add to great potential you have unleashed. CJ

Guest cbuchner1

I can also do some testing and tuning with a Quad now.High on my priority list is getting the captcha thing working reliably and making the preload mechanism work on Quad systems again.Right now preload=0 in the INI file gives best throughput on Quad core systems

Guest Mike707

Christian, did you end up getting a Quad?

Guest cbuchner1

Yes. ;-)A Q6600 from Intel: 250 EurosAn Asrock 4Core Dual SATA2 Board: 55 EurosA 120 Gig SATA drive: 50 EurosA cheap PC case with power supply: 45 EurosSome 2 GB of old DDR (PC3200) RAM laying around: pricelessA used Geforce FX 5900 AGP card: even more pricelessWindows XP Professional 64 Bit evaluation version: free! (for 120 days)Overall costs: 400 Euros

Guest Mike707

Not bad sir. I just got my computer built yesterday. In fact, the only reason that I got excited about FSX was because of Tileproxy because flying over the same terrain gets old rather quickly and Tileproxy changes that completely. I am still looking forward to using FSX without Tileproxy, and love the new features and higher resolution landclass, but am very much looking forward to flying over the real stuff.By the way, I got the following main parts:Intel e6750 - $150 USDEVGA 680i Motherboard - $170 USD2Gigs of pc6400 OCZ Ram - $70 USDNvidia 8500GT - $55 USD(I know it is not the best, but its just a placeholder for now. I am waiting for more funds, and $55 USD isn't bad, plus it will be a secondary card eventually)Windows Vista Home Premium $90 USDAnd with the rest of the parts, the total came to be just around $850 USD.Hopefully Tileproxy will work well on it. I am sure I will encounter some problems in installing things, but I am glad this forum is here to help.Many, many thanks Christian.