Sign in to follow this  
Mike S KPDX

simple questions ...

I would like to try this out but I am a bit skepticalIF I install it, can you just toggle it on and off?what should you make backups of?does it uninstall cleanly?what setting adjusments do you have to make using FS menus?does it automaically turn off autogen?how do FS airport align with the photo airports, are they close?thanks

CPU: Core i5-6600K 4 core (3.5GHz) - overclock to 4.3 | RAM: (1066 MHz) 16GB
MOBO: ASUS Z170 Pro |  GeForce GTX 1070 8GB | MONITOR: 2560 X 1440 2K

Guest cbuchner1

> can you just toggle it on and off?by launching or not launching the "Load filter driver and run ProxyUser" menu item you will either have photoscenery or not.> what should you make backups of?If you like, you can back up your fsx.cfg (in your use profile folder) and scenery.cfg (in your "all users" profile folder)> does it uninstall cleanly?It should, but I was getting some reports of the scenery entries remaining after uninstall. That is why you may want to keep your original scenery.cfg file.> what setting adjusments do you have to make using FS menus?typically none, as Tileproxy already alters some settings> does it automaically turn off autogen?Yes, because phototerrain tiles do not automatically get populated with autogen.> how do FS airport align with the photo airports, are they close?Typically the alignment is good, sometimes it would be better if the concrete taxiways and runways of FSX would not overlay the original airport.Don't expect stellar loading performance of Tileproxy though. Often it can't keep the scenery sharp as your aircraft moves.