Sign in to follow this  
Stefano BZ

Question about black zone and CleanUp

Hello, I use TP Beta 6.0 with FS2004, and I noticed that sometimes real textures disappear and at their place black squares appear. Sometimes these squares remain, sometimes (but really seldom) right textures come back. I think this is not a problem of lack of texture, since at the beginning the texture is there, and then disappears. Do you have any solution to this problem? Another question: I always fly in the same zone... after the flight, do I have to start CleanUp or is it better that I don't do so, so that textures are already saved for the next flight?What is this CleanUp meant to do? Does it cancel downloaded files? Thank you.

Guest cbuchner1

Increasing the lod_distance from 1000 meters to 1200 or 1500 might help.The "Cleanup Tileproxy Photoreal World folder" function erases the BMP tiles from you HD, as they may accumulate after extended flying and take gigabytes of your hard drive space. It does not erase the caches for the tile downloads from the servers, so your previous downloads are safe.Christian

Hello,another question: is it ok to use CleanUp, or since I fly always the same zone it's better not to use it, and in this case not to keep saved on HD textures of that zone, so when I fly it hasn't to download it once again?Now i have a P4 2.8 Ghz, 1 Gb ram and Ati 9600 pro.If I use a Pentium Core 2 DUo E6550, 2 gb ram and X1950 gt with 512 Mb, does TP get better or does it remain the same??Thanks