Sign in to follow this  
rpowers

Is Tileproxy stand alone or does it use GEX,Xgraphics etc?

I am new to Tileproxy and am really impressed with what I see.Thank you.I have UTX,GEX,and Xgraphics.Does Tileproxy use any of these or does it somehow replace them with just the satellite images?Thanks,Ron

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Terrain (and in parts water) textures are replaced, the mesh will remain the same as before.Runway and taxiway textures, sky and cloud textures, etc are not influenced by TP. In your case Xgraphics will provide the textures.UTX, GEX become irrelevant *while* TP is running, but it is an option to run TP. If you don't start TP, you fall back to UTX/GEX.Christian

Thank you for the info and the program.As I understand the manual TP changed some of the entries in my FS.cfg.I backed up my original.Should I switch back to it when not using TP then switch back to tp cfg when using TP?Thanks,Ron

These changes should not matter mutch when not using photoscenery. Maybe the FIBER_FRAME_TIME_FRACTION value of 0.66 is a bit high, but if your frame rates are still OK without TP you can keep it.

Thanks,I have a new machine and the frame rates seem the same.I had been following TP for a long time but my old machine probably would not have run it.Ed brought it to my attention again today with his program.Thanks again for the work.Ron